Kulturcenter Mariehøj, Øverødvej 246 B, 2840 HolteLOF på Facebook
I started the Friedman Archives High-Impact Photography Seminars because I got tired of seeing so much poor advice disseminated on the online discussion forums when a beginner would ask how to improve their photography. “Start shooting in Aperture priority mode”, one person would opine. “Learn Photoshop” blurted another. “Examine the EXIF information of pictures you like online and see what they did!” And the most ill-prescribed advice which I see all too often: “Shoot RAW!”
Well, that kind of advice may be well-meaning, but it’s not effective. Never in my life have I seen a rank beginner switch to RAW (or shoot in Aperture Priority mode) and then suddenly start producing “Wow!” type images. And so I thought it was time to share the (seemingly) forgotten knowledge that all successful Kodachrome shooters knew back in the day – how to take pictures that make other people say “Wow!” with nothing more than a point-and-shoot. (Even Photoshop is optional if you know what you’re doing!)
And so the seminars were created with the goal of dispelling no end of online myths and explaining what’s REALLY important in photography. And they’ve been a hit with both newbie and experienced photographers alike, all over the world!
If you want to read the text in English, look further down the page.
Fotograf og forfatter Gary Friedman i København.
To fotoworkshops med den amerikanske fotograf og forfatter Gary Friedman. Mange kender Gary Friedman for hans meget instruktive bøger om især kameraer, men han er også verdenskendt for sine fotoworkshops, der bliver afholdt mange steder på kloden.
De to workshops kan tages som ét samlet kursus eller som to enkelte kurser. Vælg om du deltager én eller to dage når du tilmelder dig. Der er en *Early bird* rabat ved tilmelding senest 31/5. Herefter stiger prisen til kr. 800,00 for en dag og kr. 1.300,00 for begge dage
De to dage kommer indholdsmæssigt til at fordele sig, så lørdag handler om de kreative elementer.
- Hvordan man tager gode billeder, uanset hvilket kamera man har
- Hemmeligheden bag gode rejsebilleder
- Forskellen på snapshots og fotografier – og hvorfor begge to er vigtige
- Hvordan du ”ser lyset” og får mest muligt ud af det naturlige lys
- Den mentale del af fotografering
- Regler for komposition
- Hvordan du arbejder med trådløs flash
- Praktiske øvelser omkring kreativitet og komposition.
- Prisen inkluderer frokost, samt kaffe, te og vand i løbet af dagen.
Gary Friedman’s website: www.friedmanarchives.com
Photographer and author Gary Friedman in Copenhagen.
Two photoworkshop’s with the American photographer and author Gary Friedman. Gary Friedman is mostly known for his most instructive book’s on camera’s, but he is also world famous for his photographic workshops, that are held worldwide.
The two workshop’s can be taken as one course or as two separate courses. If you want to participate in both courses, you have to enlist for each day separately.
Day 1 "The Creativity Day”
- How to take great pictures from ANY camera!
- The secrets of outstanding travel photography
- The difference between snapshots and photographs (and why both are important)
- How to "see" light, and making the most of available light
- The "inner game" mindsets used by all the photographic masters
- Compositional rules derived from the world of fine art
- Hands-on experience with wireless flash
- How quality of light can affect emotion
- In-class exercises for creativity and composition
There will also be ample discovery exercises to allow you to become familiar with your camera’s operation and experiment with certain features.
For enlisting and payment with foreign creditcards send an e-mail to [email protected] then we’ll send you an invoice to be paid with PayPal. Please state if you participate both days.
There is Early bird discount when enlisting before May 31. After that date the price will be DKK 800,00 for one day and DKK 1.300,00 for both days.